Several historic preservation projects and new construction projects have been completed recently....
Lion Fountain - Oaks By The Bay Park - 2009
St. Andrew School - 1997
The Bank of St. Andrews was constructed in 1907 and the building housed a number of different uses over the years.
Historic St. Andrew Church was constructed in 1887.
The Shrimp Boat Restaurant was open in St. Andrews from the 1950's until 1982.
The pictured structure was demolished in 2002.
The City of Panama City purchased the Panama City Publishing Company (c 1920)
building in 2005. St. Andrews Community Redevelopment Area
Tax Increment Funds (TIF) has funded the purchase.
Lion Plaza Entrance Enhancement Project - 2012
THe project was possible through a partial grant from the State of Florida Department of Environmental Protection in cooperation with the City of Panama City, Panama City CRA St. Andrews District and the Historic St. Andrews Waterfront Partnership.
St. Andrew School - 2007
Constructed in 1926, the school was recently restored and is now listed on the National Register. The building still serves Bay County as a school.
Coastal Community Bank purchased and restored the building, and reopened in 2007.
Harbour Village was constructed on the former Ramada Inn site and
was completed in the fall of 2006.
In 2007, the $150,000 restoration project was financed in part with historic preservation grant assistance provided by the State of Florida, Florida Department of State, Division of Historical Resources, assisted by the Florida Historical Commission. www.historicstandrewchurch.com
The new Shrimp Boat Restaurant was constructed in 2008 on the original site.
In 2008, the $402,000 restoration project was financed in part with historic preservation grant assistance provided by the State of Florida, Florida Department of State, Division of Historical Resources, assisted by the
Florida Historical Commission.