In only a decade, the community of St. Andrews transformed itself from an area dominated by many vacant and dilapidated buildings into a redevelopment model for other declining waterfront areas. Located on St. Andrews Bay in Panama City, the natural beauty of St. Andrews has attracted tourists for more than 150 years. St. Andrews flourished with economic activity until the 1980s when many business interests relocated to Panama City Beach. In 1989, St. Andrews was designated a Community Redevelopment Area, and in 1997 it became one of the first three Waterfronts Partnership Communities. St. Andrews continues to attract new businesses and build a sustainable waterfront economy.
Please find below revitalization documents, maps, newsletters and information about our community festivals and events. Each are categorized below and updated as new information is developed. If you have any questions or comments about any of the information contained on this page, please contact the St. Andrews office at (850) 872-7208.
The Historic St. Andrews Waterfront Partnership is in search of volunteers. We are looking for people truly interested in the St. Andrews community who are willing to commit their free time to the enhancement of the quality of life, economic development, and social infrastructure of our community.
The Historic St. Andrews Waterfront Partnership is a not-for-profit corporation with nine board members. Regularly scheduled board meetings are held the second Wednesday of each month at 7:00 AM at the Panama City Publishing Museum located at 1134 Beck Avenue. Additional meetings and events are held throughout the year. Board membership is limited to residence and/or business owners of the St. Andrews area.
Our Mission Statement is:
“To organize and manage the revitalization of St. Andrews through a comprehensive revitalization strategy, advocate public and private partnerships, and promote economic development while preserving the scope, character and identity of the area.”